Junior Web Developer
Who are Good Bear?
We believe in using the power of digital to help create a world where everyone is able to live a life of purpose free from unjust limits. We partner with charities and purpose driven businesses to help clarify their messaging, create passionate and engaged supporters, and increase donations, sales and sign ups.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic developer to join us building audience focused websites that make a difference in the world. You will be working primarily with WordPress turning designs into into well functioning and thoughtfully built websites. The role will also some content population and website maintenance.
You will be the first employee of the company so will be quickly working on real projects, gaining real work experience, and have the opportunity to explore different areas of the business from client meetings and workshops, developing sitemaps, wireframing and marketing depending on what your interests are.
The ideal candidate will grow with the role and organisation, with scope to become the lead developer, making major technical decisions for the organisation if desired and our growth continues.
The role will be mostly remote but with preference for someone within commutable distance of Worthing, West Sussex and potentially one day a week/two half days a week of in person working together. However for the right candidate fully remote would be considered.
We offer flexible working patterns, and this could be discussed at interview stage.
We’d like to see
- Strong understanding of Programming Principles (OO, MVC etc)
- Experience using HTML, CSS and PHP
- Basic understanding of Relational Databases
- Strong communication skills
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Positive and willing to embrace challenges and find solutions
- Willing to ask questions
- A self-starter with strong time management skills
- Approachable and friendly
- A strong communicator
- Honest and own their mistakes
- Excited by our purpose as an organisation
- Excited to be an important part of a small team
- Experience working on real projects
- Training in new languages required through platforms like Treehouse
- 25 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Flexible working hours
£19k pro-rata (10 month contract)
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to inclusive environment for all employees regardless of an individuals age, gender, relationship status, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability status.
How to apply
If you sound like a fit for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.